Does anyone remember the movie Night of the Twisters starring an old childhood crush of mine Devon Sawa. I probably saw that movie a billion times just so I could watch him on my TV. If you didn’t see the movie it is where it was a beautiful day in this town and then during the night all hell broke lose. Literally the town was covered with twisters spawning up one after another.
Total nail biter.
This weekend we did not experience tornadoes in our town, but Saturday night was definitely a nail biter in our house. Just like the movie our day started off with a nice visit to our local farmer’s market and then back home before an adoption party that evening. I kept commenting on the great weather because it was a nice breeze, no dirt blowing (West Texas) and it wasn’t excruciatingly hot. After the party at my friends house we drove home knowing that word had gotten around about bad weather on its way.
Was it just going to rain? Were we looking at tornadoes? Would there be hail damage?
These were all the questions racing through my mind for the next couple of hours to follow. We stayed up till 1am watching the news and I’m usually in bed around 10. We didn’t have a tornado or bad hail and I am so thankful for that. During the news my husband and I said a quick prayer for the safety of our family and to protect our house. Some towns near by did not escape the hail damage and there were a couple of tornadoes reported in the surrounding areas.
When I’m stressed or in a nail biting scenario I tend to gravitate towards a glass of wine or comfort food. In this case I turned towards my freezer and grabbed the pint of pecan praline ice cream. It’s something to take my mind off of the weather and direct it to something wonderful and comforting. I’ve been addicted to Blue bells pecan praline and cream for a while and decided to make my own batch at home with the help of International Delight. The creamer used in this recipe was caramel macchiato because a dish like this can NEVER have too much caramel.
Pecan praline ice cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup International Delight Caramel macchiato creamer
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tablespoons pecan chips
- 5 ounces caramel sauce
- In a bowl combine sugar, milk, ID creamer and whipping cream. Stir for about 3 minutes or until most sugar has dissolved. Cover with saran wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Remove and place in ice cream maker. Follow the instructions on manual for ice cream and in the last 5 minutes pour in the pecan chips.
- Grab two pint containers or one large freezer safe bowl.
- Pour half of ice cream into the container and top with 2 ounces of caramel then top with the rest of the ice cream. Top with the rest of the caramel and then using a butter knife make swirls in the ice cream. Cover and place in freezer for at least one hour.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.