Marinated Diet Coke® Chicken with Lemon and Limes for a flavorful meal that involves grilling and spending time outdoors. This post has been sponsored by The Coca-Cola Company. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
As soon as spring hits, you can bet that the grill has been dusted off and ready to go. As a family, we like to be outdoors as much as we possibly can. It’s a great way to stay active, enjoy family time and to keep everyone off electronics – including myself!
The past couple of weekends have been so nice outside that it gives me plenty of time to test out new recipes including this Marinated Diet Coke® Chicken with Lemon and Limes.
I’ve teamed up with Diet Coke® to feature their new packaging for Diet Coke® 2-Liter bottles at Sam’s Club. I’m an avid Diet Coke® fan and if you see me sipping on a soda, you can bet it’s Diet Coke® in the cup.
So let’s get on to this chicken marinade with Diet Coke®. Marinating any type of meat is going to allow it to be more tender, juicy and bursting with flavor. For this marinade, I wanted to keep it simple by adding olive oil, garlic, Diet Coke®, and lemon and lime juice. I like to marinate my meats overnight or anywhere from 12-16 hours.
Check out the video below to get the step by step instruction on this chicken marinade recipe.
Head to your local Sam’s Club to pick up the new Diet Coke® bottles. If you have leftover soda, it would be a great time to treat yourself to a Diet Coke® float.
ENJOY ~ Meagan
Marinated Diet Coke® Chicken with Lemon and Limes
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Diet Coke®
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- Add all of the ingredients except for the chicken to a large bowl. Whisk until everything is well combined. Pour into a Ziploc bag and add the chicken.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
- Heat a grill to 400 degrees F. Add the chicken to the grates and cook for 8-10 minutes per side. Chicken is done when internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Season with salt and pepper before serving.
Diet Coke® is a registered trademark of the Coca-Cola Company.