This Low Carb Spinach Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash is the perfect healthy meal for lunch or dinner. It’s easy to put together and is ideal for anyone following a low carb or keto lifestyle.
Spaghetti squash has become a favorite of mine in the past few weeks. It’s easy to prepare and there are always leftovers so that I can make multiple meals out of it. I’m still working on the kids and the texture of it (they are still thinking pasta), but I will win them over eventually.
Depending on your availability there are three different methods that I have used to cook my spaghetti squash.
- Microwave – Cut in half and remove all the seeds. Place cut side down in 1/2″ of water and put it in the microwave for 8 minutes. Allow to cool
- Instant Pot – Pierce the whole spaghetti squash about 10 times and place in the instant pot. Put it on high on the pressure cooking setting for 15 minutes.
- Oven – Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut the squash in half and remove all the seeds. Place cut side down in 1/2″ of water and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
For this Spinach Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash recipe, I used the oven method, but as I said before depending on your time, you can use any of the above methods.
Since I’ve been following the keto/low carb diet, I made sure that I loaded it with chicken, spinach, cheese, tomatoes, and mushrooms. Feel free to omit any of the above.
If you are searching for my keto/low carb recipes try out the following:
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Fat Bombs
- Low Carb Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Low Carb Chicken Enchilada Cauliflower Casserole
I’ve also created a Keep It KETO Facebook group to all things Keto. (It’s a secret group so let me know if you want an invite.) I would love to have you join us and share your personal recipes and stories.
ENJOY ~ Meagan
Low Carb Spinach Chicken Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash, cut in half with seeds removed
- 1 1/2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken without skin
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups farm-style cut cheddar cheese, divided
Additional toppings: grated parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Place squash cut side down into 1/2″ water in a baking dish. Bake covered for 40 minutes and then remove from oven. Turn temperature down to 350 degrees F.
Using a fork start to shred the spaghetti squash leaving a 1/2″ border. Place the spaghetti squash into a bowl and add chicken, mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, cream, salt, and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Stir and then place in the center of both spaghetti squash pieces.
Bake covered in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove and place 1/2 cup of cheese onto the tops of each squash piece. Place back into the oven uncovered for 5 minutes and then broil for 1 minute.
Top with grated parmesan cheese.