Start breakfast or brunch off in the right direction with this simple Keto Breakfast Quiche recipe. The crust is made with almond flour and then the filling involves bacon, eggs and of course cheese.
Breakfast time on the weekends is definitely a great way to kick off the weekend with the family. If we are not doing a donut or breakfast taco run, it’s cooking a homecooked meal that everyone will enjoy. Breakfast casseroles and quiches are equally important and you won’t see me skimping on any of the recipes on this site. I’ve got you covered with a hash brown breakfast casserole, chile relleno sausage casserole, and other favorites but nothing KETO until now.
Lately, I’ve been incorporating almond flour into more of my recipes. It was the perfect ingredient to help make the base for the crust. In a bowl, you will combine almond flour, salt, seasoning (you can use Italian seasoning if you like), and butter. Then spread it out in the pan to create this gorgeous crust. In my first attempt, I was going to add some parmesan cheese to the crust, but someone (whom will remain nameless) used it all.
The filling is made with eggs, cheese, baked bacon, and spinach. One of the best things about a quiche is that you can substitute or incorporate your favorite fillings like bell pepper, mushrooms, asparagus and so on. I wanted to keep this one simple but just adding the cheese, bacon and adding a bit of color with the spinach. Also, spinach is VERY keto friendly, so I was right on track with the dish.
ENJOY ~ Meagan
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour
- 8 tablespoons Kerrygold unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Basil, Oregano, Garlic Sea Salt (can substitute with Italian Seasoning)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 3 pre-cooked bacon strips, chopped
- 2/3 cup Tillamook medium cheddar cheese farm style
- 1/2 cup packed spinach leaves
InstructionsFor the crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl combine all of the ingredients and mix with a spoon.
- Pour into a greased quiche/tart pan. Pat down to create an even layer. The edge should go up about 1/2 an inch. Pierce with a fork and then bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Pour onto the crust and bake in the oven for 28 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.** Best served with salsa on top**
Disclosure: There are affiliate links used in this post.