Get your breakfast fix with these easy Keto Bacon Bagels. They are great alone or layer with cheese and meat for a tasty keto free sandwich.
Giving up carbs is especially hard when you are used to having toasts or Einstein bagels in the morning. Lunch usually consists of a fast sandwich followed with chips. Dinner typically packed on the carbs as well especially when we have a pasta night. Can I say GARLIC BREAD?!
Not any more or at least I really try to stay away from most carbs. Every now and then I let myself have a real homemade tortilla but those days are few and far between.
I’ve literally fallen in LOVE with keto bagels. They are super easy to make and the flavor combinations are endless. The bonus factor is that I can now have my sandwich without the guilt or a quick toasted bagel slathered with Kerrygold butter for breakfast on the go. I made these Keto Garlic Herb Bagels a few weeks back and I already was planning the next batch when they came out of the oven. The Keto Bacon Bagels are simple enough that you can even incorporate a few extra hands in the process. Kids love to stretch out the dough and create the circles before popping into the oven. Maybe my next batch will be a pepperoni and mozzarella bagel. That will definitely win over the kids.
For now I will be sticking with this version because bacon and melted cheese is and will always be a winning combination.
ENJOY ~ Meagan
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups Tillamook Mozzarella Farmstyle Cut Cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 5 strips pre-cooked bacon, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Stir together the almond flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Combine the shredded mozzarella and cubed cream cheese in a large bowl. Microwave in a bowl for 2 minutes stirring every 30 seconds.
- In a large bowl combine flour mixture, eggs and bacon with the warm melted cheese. Using your hands or paddle attachment knead until the dough forms. (It will be sticky)
- Divide the dough into 8 equal parts. Using the palms of your hands create a long log and then bring the ends together to create a bagel shape. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat until all bagels are created.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.