Christmas Blondie Bars made with holiday M&Ms, Oreos and a good mix of white and dark chocolate morsels.
Fa la la la la la la.
The countdown for Thanksgiving has begun, but I’m still focused on Christmas. After two different test batches, I finally succeeded with round three of these Christmas Blondie Bars. Here’s a synopsis of the three different rounds:
- Round 1: I placed oreos in the center of the blondies but I ran out of holiday m&m’s, so I used blue, yellow and brown
- Round 2: I beat the Oreos into the batter and it turned a nice pretty pink color. Perfect for Valentine’s Day not so much for Christmas
- Round 3: I used the correct color of M&M’s, less baking time, and strategically placed the Oreos on top of the Christmas blondie bars for a better presentation
I think it’s safe to say that I may not bake any more blondies until it’s Christmas time. My office, Primitive Social, got to taste test all three batches and so did my kids. I think they were happy with any of them, but as a food blogger, you HAVE to make it almost perfect every single time.
Some may ask what is a blondie bar? Think of it as a light (blonde) colored brownie. You take out the cocoa powder and add in the mixings like oreo, M&Ms, butterscotch, and morsels. I also like to think of it as a cookie and brownie combo.
Let me know if you make these Christmas Blondie Bars for your next holiday party, school function or just a special treat for friends and family.
ENJOY ~ Meagan
Christmas Blondie Bars
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup holiday M&Ms
- 1/2 cup white chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup chocolate chip morsels
- 3 Holiday oreos, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a small pot on low heat melt the butter and then stir in the brown sugar. Remove from heat and allow to cool down.
In a mixing bowl beat the eggs and then add the vanilla. Slowly stir in the butter and brown sugar mixture. Whisk until everything is combined. Slowly beat in the flour, salt, and baking powder. Then using a spoon stir in the M&Ms and chocolate morsels.
Grease a 9X13 baking dish with non-stick baking spray. Add the batter to the dish and smooth out so it’s an even layer. Top with chopped Oreos and additional M&Ms.
Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Remove and allow to cool before serving.
More Blondie Bar Recipes: