After years of testing out chocolate chip cookies recipes, I believe I finally have the BEST Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. You will need lots of chocolate chips for this recipe.
Three plus years ago and just one of the many side projects I owned an online website called A Glass Jar. I whipped up delicious cupcakes in a glass jar, but one of my most popular recipes was for the chewy chocolate chip cookies. Selfishly I never posted this recipe on the blog because I didn’t want people going to the site to get the recipe. (Sorry family members)
The time has finally come to share one of my most requested cookies with the rest of you today. Yes, there are many cookie recipes out there, but this one truly highlights what a chocolate chip cookie should be in every aspect. I think it should have a crunchy exterior while it is chewy on the inside with endless amounts of chocolate chips. One of the secrets to almost every cookie recipe that I make is to add espresso powder, which you can find in the coffee section of your local grocery store. No, your cookies don’t come out tasting like coffee, but it truly elevates the chocolate flavor. *I’ve linked to the espresso powder that I’ve been using for years in the recipe portion.*
Another little tip is right before the cookies go into the oven, you can top them with additional chocolate chips, so when they are baking the chocolate chips stay on the top. If you missed any areas after they come out of the oven you could add in a few more chocolate chips you can never have too many.
ENJOY ~ Meagan
- 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and sugars.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla and cream together .
- Slowly add in the baking soda, salt, flour and espresso powder.
- Then stir in 2 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and scoop the cookies placing them 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and then remove and top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Let them cool for 10 minutes.