Treat yourself to these Baked French Fries topped with grated parmesan cheese, parsley, and salt. You might even need to make a double batch.
Happy Tuesday! I spent the long weekend whipping up some old recipes on the site to give them a much-needed makeover. I remember the days when point and shoot cameras were a thing, but boy did they make my photos look bad. I’d make a recipe put it under HARSH lighting take a photo and then post it. Those days are long gone.
First, on my recipe makeover list are these easy Baked French Fries which are a guilty pleasure of mine. You get the satisfying taste of eating french fries without all the grease and added fat. I’d say that’s a win-win! There are a ton of different varieties out there for baked french fries, but this just happens to be my favorite go-to recipe for this side dish. Let’s just say it’s tested, tried and true.
This recipe is excellent for a hamburger cookout, steak night, or a tasty mid-afternoon treat. For these Baked French Fries, you will need a russet potato, extra virgin olive oil, steak seasoning (you can buy any brand at the store), salt, parmesan cheese, and parsley. You can bake them on a baking sheet lined with non-stick foil or parchment paper, both of these options work well when baking fries.
POTATO TIP: Place sliced potatoes in an ice-cold bowl to remove extra starch, which in return helps with the crispness.
I’d love to know if you enjoy baked french fries just as much as me. Let me know your thoughts.
ENJOY ~ Meagan
Prep Time 6 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 41 minutes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash the potato (you can keep skin on or peel it off).
- Slice potato down the middle and then in strips lengthways; you can keep fries long or cut in half.
- Place in ice water for 30 minutes.
- Dry on paper towels.
- Put potato strips in a bowl with olive oil and seasonings; make sure everything is coated.
- Place fries on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes or until golden; flip the fries every 15 minutes.
- Let fries cool and then sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese.