Every once in a while I’ll have a reader, friend or family member ask me what recipes I like most on the blog. It’s really hard to succumb to an answer because I’m always dreaming up new ideas and we rarely eat recipes over and over again. There are a few recipes that I just happen to make repeatedly because of the ease, taste and whatever ingredients we may have in our kitchen at the time.
These Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps just happen to be one of those recipes. In fact this recipe has been posted on the blog for almost 4 years to the day, but I wanted it to have updated photos. It just wasn’t getting the love that it needed.
Four years ago we took a girl’s trip to Galveston while all the boys went deer hunting. Everyone was responsible for one meal during the duration of our stay. I’m not really sure what I planned for that trip but my sister’s dish was these Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps. I can say that I’ve made this recipe numerous times and it will forever be a classic in my family. It used to last all week for lunch meals but now that my family has grown it won’t last more than two days. Boy have the times changed.
I hope you enjoy one of my favorite recipes and take the time to try it out for yourself.
ENJOY ~ Meagan
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cups chopped cilantro
- 1 8.5oz. bag of pre-cut cole slaw
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup Asian sesame dressing
- 3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 1 head of lettuce
- peanuts for topping
- Add the green onion and cilantro to a food processor and put it on “chop” mode for about 15 seconds. Then add a large bowl along with the coleslaw, bell pepper, chicken and Asian dressing.
- Mix everything up and scoop onto lettuce leaves and then top with peanuts.