It’s barely the first of October and my mind is racing towards Christmas. I mean I can’t even sit back to truly enjoy it being fall with Halloween approaching. Candy has been bought along with a Rapunzel and Spiderman outfit. There is nothing else to do but just let it slowly creep our way in a couple of weeks.
I had big plans for a TON of FUN Halloween recipes. Reality hit, or basically my naptime, and it’s just not going to happen folks. Like I said I’ve moved my sights toward Thanksgiving and Christmas mode now. However, I didn’t want to leave you completely hanging for some fun Halloween party ideas. These S’more Popcorn Balls are super easy to make and you can even involve the kids in the creation process. You might even be able to snack on some popcorn on the side. Place the balls in some cellophane and tie a pretty ribbon around it and you’ve got yourself a creative snack/gift.
If you are looking for a good Halloween candy recipe I highly recommend this sugar rush called a Deep Dish Dessert Pizza.
Let me know if you have big plans for Halloween or if you are already stuck in Christmas mode like me?
ENJOY ~ Meagan
S'more Popcorn Balls
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 4 ounces 60% bittersweet chocolate bar, chopped
- 2 bags popped popcorn
- In a pan over low heat melt butter and marshmallows. Keep stirring until all has melted and then remove from heat.
- Pour into a large bowl and then add chocolate and popcorn. Using gloves or hands mix everything so popcorn is fully coated with butter and marshmallow mixture.
- Start shaping into small balls and set on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes.