Do you have a fear of something like the dark, spiders, oceans, ghosts, tight spaces or flying? I possess different fears from drowning, being kidnapped or having kids being kidnapped and flying.
If you would have asked me years ago about flying I would have answered that I prefer it to driving any day. In fact most people like to drive long distances in Texas and you grow quite accustom to it. I would look at the long distance drive and if it took me longer than 5 hours I would say get me on the plane. Four years ago I was on one of those terrifying flights where we hit turbulence several times, flight attendant fell and I was grasping on for dear life telling my husband to not talk to me.
I was praying…
We made it but every time I hit turbulence on a plane the sweaty palms return, my heart rate goes up and I can’t concentrate on anything besides landing safely. Yet, I still fly and I do love to travel. In fact I’m writing this now on a plane to Los Angeles, California. Maybe I’m writing because I have nothing better to do or maybe I’m writing to keep my mind off of the possibility of hitting turbulence.
Now I’m going to try and push aside my fears and stick to something I do love to talk about and that’s food. This 5 Minute Fresh Salsa recipe is easy to make and is the perfect start to any Mexican themed meal. You can make it spicy or keep it on the mild side which I did because our kids LOVE salsa just as much as their parents.
I only have about 1 hour 23 more minutes before I can fully relax and think about enjoying this fresh salsa when my flight lands.
ENJOY ~ Meagan
PS. I made it safely on the ground.
5 Minute Fresh Salsa
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1 10oz. can mild rotel tomatoes, drained
- 1 28oz. can peeled whole tomatoes, drained
- 1 bunch of cilantro (just leaves)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 jalapenos deseeded and deveined
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- Place roma tomatoes in a food processor. Pulse until chopped up and then remove and place in a large bowl.
- Add canned tomatoes to food processor and pulse. Place them in the large bowl with roma tomatoes.
- Now add garlic, onions, jalapenos, lime juice and olive oil to processor and pulse until chopped. Pour everything into large tomato bowl.
- Stir and place in refrigerator for at least 10 minutes before serving.