Operation countdown to baby has begun. I’m already in my third trimester even though I’m not sure where the first two went. This Friday will be week #31 and I just have this feeling that the little man will come early just like Livi did. If I could place a bet on my own baby I would say around Halloween but now that I’ve told all of you he will probably go past my due date.
The belly is getting bigger (of course) and I’m starting to waddle. No, I take that back because I’ve probably been waddling for the past couple of weeks. The nightly trips to the bathroom are starting to become a problem because I basically have to hoist myself up each time and I make grunting noise just because I feel like it gives me the extra momentum that I need.
The good thing is that I’m still cooking and baking away even though they come after my afternoon nap. Yep, the nap-time has returned and I plan on taking full advantage of it before he arrives.
For the past two years I’ve wanted to make a no knead dutch oven bread. I’ve saved countless recipes on Pinterest and I finally decided to take the plunge this past week. This pregnant girl loves her CARBS! I decided to lightly adapt this No Knead Dutch Oven Bread from Jo Cook’s. I added some of my own spins on it like Italian seasoning and shredded mozzarella cheese. It’s easy to make but just requires some extra waiting time before the baking actually happens.
Hope you enjoy it just as much as we did and the baby!
ENJOY ~ Meagan
Cheesy Italian Dutch Oven Bread
- 4 cups flour, divided
- 1 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a big bowl combine 3 cups flour, salt, yeast and warm water. Mix with a spatula until all ingredients are well incorporated. Cover with towel or plastic wrap and let it sit on the counter for at least 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place the dutch oven in the oven to warm up as well until finished with dough ball.
- Flour a work surface and then remove dough from the bowl. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning and add mozzarella. Start mixing it up with your hands and then add the additional 1 cup of flour. Knead until all flour is mixed into the dough. Shape into a ball.
- Add olive oil to the bottom of the dutch oven pan and top with dough ball. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of Italian seasoning to the top of the ball.
- Cover with lid and bake for 30 minutes and then remove and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Slightly adapted from Jo CooksAll images and text © .