A couple months back I asked my readers to let me know if they wanted to see a burger or hot dog week. One week dedicated to the love of either delicious food. Burgers pulled out the win. However, my friends over at NoshOn.It beat me to the punch with dedicating a week of burger love of their own. I signed up immediately knowing that this would be a great week to show some meaty love.
After deliberating over several recipes I finally decided on this chili cheese tot burger. I have some fond memories of getting some chili cheese tot or fries at sonic when growing up. To be completely honest I would probably replace a meal with that combo today. You just can’t go wrong with chili, cheese and potatoes.
My parents were in town and I told them that I would be cooking dinner for them. I wasn’t sure about the whole chili cheese with tots on the burgers would suit them. So being the good daughter I told them that they could leave it off and just eat a simple burger. They decided to splurge and treat themselves to this delicious and satisfying burger.
Bloggers this week will be covering all sorts of different burgers. NoshOn.It will also be hosting a giveaway provided by Broil King. Thats right folks they will be giving away a grill. All you have to do is enter and pray that you win.
ENJOY ~ Meagan
Chili cheese tot burger
Yield: 8-10 burgers
For the chili
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound ground beef
- 15 ounce can ranch style beans
- 14.5 ounce stewed tomatoes
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the burger
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8-10 whole wheat buns
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 32 ounce bag tater tots
For the chili
- In a large pot add olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and beef and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 1 hour.
For the burger
- In a large bowl combine beef, worcestershire sauce and salt. Make 8 to 10 round patties.
- Heat grill to 375 degrees.
- Place meat on the grill and cook for 18-20 minutes or until done.
- While meat is cooking, cook tater tots according to package.
- When tater tots are done chop half of the tater tots for the topping of the burger.
- To fix burger: bottom bun, meat, drained chili, 1/4 cup chopped tater tots, 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese and then top bun.
*Leftover tater tots are for a side serving*
Do you want to become a grilling pro? Need a new grill? #BurgerWeek sponsor Broil King wants to give you the chance to win one of their high-performance gas grills (a $549+tax value) plus burger grilling accessories to use in your home!
Made entirely in North America, every one of Broil King’s gas grills are made of the highest-quality materials and engineering that allows you the versatility to sear the perfect burger or steak, roast chicken or vegetables, or even bake a dessert right on the grill. Their grills are already in more Canadian backyards than any other brand and they’re available in the U.S. at Lowe’s and many other retailers!
To enter to win your own Broil King grill, just click on the banner below.
Some more awesome burger recipes
- Veg Patty Melt
- Pork Belly Pimento Cheese Burger
- Asian Slaw Turkey Burgers
- Turkey Rueben Patty Melt
- GF Vegetarian Tex-Mex Black Bean Burger
- Peanut Butter Burger with Savory Strawberry Relish
- Al Pastor Burger
Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post but I do LOVE burgers.